You are here

Sewer Backups & Overflow

The property owner is responsible for hiring a licensed plumber to clear any blockages or repair any damage to private laterals.  Property owners are responsible for their sewer laterals up to the point of connection with the city owned main.  Tenants should report any problems with sewage directly to their landlord for correction.  The city will not clear any private lines.  A permit must be obtained by a city licensed master plumber for repairing damaged lines.

For problems with common, private lines that serve multiple properties, all property owners served by that line are required to jointly participate in the clearing of the common line.