Halloween week has finally arrived! We’ve been getting calls since mid-summer about Trick or Treat night. This year it is on Halloween - Wednesday, October 31 from 6 to 8 pm.
- Choose brightly colored costumes and add reflective tape to costumes and treat bags.
- Plan to trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods with well-lit streets.
- Even if you are accompanying your children, make sure they know your phone number and address in case you are separated. Consider giving them a cell phone to carry and teach them how to call 911.
- Don’t send young children out to trick or treat alone, and make sure to tell older children to stick together.
- Remind your children to never enter a stranger’s home or approach any vehicles.
The City of Lancaster wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween!